Required Recruitment Checks
See what recruitment checks are made on applying for this position.
Technical Analyst (Finance IT)
Region: US - Connecticut
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - Full Time
Brand: M&IB US
RBS is currently looking for an IT business/technical analyst to support the Americas project team in implementing Dodd Frank Volcker Rule requirements. This 12 month plus project is part of the overall global Dodd Frank project with a focus on supporting P&L Metrics reporting for our Finance Business Unit Controllers (BUC) client.
Finance IT Delivery is charged with managing all medium and large IT projects. The role of the Finance IT Analyst is to deliver highly visible and well documented strategic solutions for our clients and supporting aspects of the project lifecycle delivery from initiation through implementation. While working in a fast paced environment, the IT Analyst will need to work with peer IT analysts and business clients to develop and analyze business requirements and ensure all application requirements are fully defined and well documented
• The candidate should be skilled in all aspects of the project management lifecycle including, project initiation, project planning and work breakdown, resource and budget management, communication management, and risk management.
• Candidate should have experience with using project management tools such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint
• Candidate should have relevant experience in producing business and IT process flows
• Candidate should have relevant experience in producing test cases/scenarios
• Candidate should have 5+ years experience as a business/technical analyst delivering IT solutions, preferably within the financial services industry
• Candidate should have a track record of success working with global project teams.
• Candidate must have a high level of business knowledge, specifically in the areas of Product Control and/or Financial Regulation (Dodd Frank)
· Candidate should have strong written, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
· Candidate should be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Candidate should be a self-starter and very detail oriented