Required Recruitment Checks
See what recruitment checks are made on applying for this position.
FP&A Business Support Analyst (TD181)
Region: US - Connecticut
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Brand: Markets & International Banking
DescriptionThis position is responsible for providing analytical support for the business decision support function within the Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role will partner with the Global Transaction Services team. The candidate should possess 5+ years of experience within a FP&A or Management Reporting team of a financial services firm.
· Analysis should include a thorough understanding of underlying drivers, be consistent and complete and presented at appropriate levels.
· Responsible for challenging results and performance metrics.
· Annual budgeting and intra year forecasting, preceded by business targeting, budget challenge, and presentations of budget
· Full year and interim results briefing packs (toolkits)
· Competitor analysis and data research
· Focus on Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Risk Weighted Assets
· Initiate process improvements, ensuring business as usual and development activities remain focused on operating models
· Maintain awareness of changes to business requirements ensuring that any impacts to outputs are sufficiently assessed within required timescales
· Possess sound financial knowledge and ability to use core finance systems and hierarchies
· Strong knowledge of products and customers; Strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy in all duties
- Ability to think and operate beyond standard scope of responsibility, possess strong decision making skills, demonstrate independent judgment
- Highly organized and adept at time management
- Ability to excel in pressure filled environments, properly prioritize and manage several competing initiatives and responsibilities while meeting deadlines
- Strong team player, able to leverage staff and peers for maximum output
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate openly with all levels of employees on a variety of matters both written and verbal
- Ability to develop process efficiencies and seek continuous improvement within analytical function
- Comply with firm attendance requirements and compliance standards