Business Services (formerly Group Manufacturing) supports the customer-facing businesses and provides operational technology, customer support in telephony, account management, lending and money transmission, global purchasing, property and other services. Business Services drives efficiencies and supports income growth across multiple brands and channels by using a single, scalable platform and common processes wherever possible.
It also leverages the Group’s purchasing power and is the Group’s centre of excellence for managing large-scale and complex change.
Business Services is the shared services Division of the RBS group. We provide a range of high quality support services to the customer-facing businesses of the Group.
• Technology Services designs, builds, implements and supports global technology solutions for our Divisions and Group functions.
• Group Operations shapes and executes service delivery and transaction processing for our customers, in the most efficient, secure and effective way possible.
• Property Services provides portfolio management and workplace design solutions as well as day-to-day facilities management services across our global footprint.
• Group Sourcing & Vendor Management selects, manages and develops the best and most suitable supplier relationships, making sure that the current and future purchasing needs of the Group are delivered across all locations and brands.
• Security & Risk provides support and advice to protect our customers, our information and our people against key security and fraud threats.
Business Services creates value through economies of scale, the application of shared platforms, specialised knowledge and working in partnership with each of the customer-facing divisions. Our close working relationships across the Group ensure an alignment of the core business priorities with a better understanding of the allocation of costs, service pricing and business driven investment prioritisation. Our focus is to deliver high quality service for the customer and continually to make the things we’re good at, even better.
Business Services also plays a key role in restructuring and lowering the Group’s cost base and manages a sizeable investment programme.